We’re taking a quick break from our versus series this week to bring you a Valentines special! Sometimes you just need to get out of town and you want to treat your significant other to relaxing getaway…lucky for us, Valentines falls on a Thursday this year, making a great excuse for taking a long weekend trip!
A popular option, and one that is easier on the wallet, is a staycation. You can stay in your town/city, but you book a hotel or bnb to escape the everyday normalities. You can even venture an hour or two away from your home, giving you the opportunity to explore nearby cities and towns – an exciting mini-vacation! You could even take it up a notch by flying to a different state or taking a 3-4 day cruise to some islands! If you have the means, it’s a nice way to spend time together relaxing and exploring new places. To spark some ideas, we came up with a few places that would make incredible Valentines getaways!
- Hawaii – if you live on the west coast, it’s a quick flight to all things sunny! Relaxing and adventurous activities are endless.
- Caribbean cruise – for those on the east coast, it’s super accessible to some ships and you’ll be sailing the seas in no time! Check out our blogpost on Cruises vs. Resorts here to learn more.
- Europe – if you live on the east coast you could be in England in 6 hours, if you live in the Midwest, you can be in France in 9, basically overnight! Paris is the ultimate destination for a Valentines getaway.
- Canada – if you live up north you could be relaxing in a cabin in as little as 3-5 hours. Hit up some slopes or cozy up by the fireplace.
- Mexico – if you live down south, you could be sipping daiquiris at a resort in under 6 hours! Read about resorts here!
Weekend getaways can be a helpful way to focus on your relationship with your significant other and deepen your bond. Or if you’re traveling solo, it’s a great way to show yourself some love! Of course, traveling is not a necessity to have a great relationship by any means, but it is a fun thing to do together if you have the time and resources! Have you guys ever gone on a staycation or taken a weekend getaway? Let us know in the comments below!